We need your help NOW! This is where it counts, neighbors. Washington County is moving forward with the Clover Court project, and we have a short window of time to tell them why they shouldn’t. We have UNTIL JUNE 13 to dispute their report of “no significant impact.” There are very specific requirements on how to do this, and what we can dispute. The steering committee has spent countless hours sifting through legal documents, and has compiled all of this information for you. All we ask is that you take the time to write to the county, using the form letter we’ve created as an example. They are required to respond to each of our concerns, so that is why we need all group members to take action. If you care about your neighborhood and finding a better solution for the homeless population, don’t stay silent–speak up now!
According to a public notice: “Washington County Office of Community Development has determined that the project will have no significant impact on the human environment… Any individual, group, or agency disagreeing with this determination or wishing to comment on the project may submit written comments to the Washington County Office of Community Development or at email@example.com. All comments received by June 13, 2017 will be considered by the Washington County Office of Community Development prior to authorizing submission of a request for release of funds. Comments should specify which Notice they are addressing.” The report they are referring to is the Environmental Review Record (ERR), which can be found here. https://s3.amazonaws.com/washcomultimedia/CMSBigFiles/Clover+Court+Environmental+Review+Record.pdf
Comments must be addressed to Washington County Office of Community Development, 328 W. Main Street, Suite 100, Hillsboro, OR 97123 or firstname.lastname@example.org by June 13. You must mention the “Notice of Finding of No Significant Impact.” Use your own words, but feel free to use the following form letter as a guide. Additionally, posted below is a document we’ve created to help decipher the ERR and what information you can use in your argument. Please let us know if you have any questions, and SHARE this post with your neighbors.
Example form letter, please read and edit all highlighted areas: https://goo.gl/M1JEM5
ERR Response Items list, please read the first page and select from any of the 32 items in the document you wish to argue. https://goo.gl/oD4LJA
Washington County HUD Codes, this document is provided in a form letter format, again, review and edit all highlighted sections. https://goo.gl/ZHKwuh
Please mail your letters so that they arrive BY JUNE 13.
Just a few weeks ago, our effort regarding the lot at 170th and Bany Rd. was being handled fairly easily by our group as we sought a potential land swap as a win-win solution. NOW EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED; since the County turned us down on the land swap, we are now focused on stopping Clover Court from being built. We are actively pursuing legal action, and we’ve become convinced that we need to use our political power as a very large group of concerned citizens to win this battle. And this political battle will very likely be won or lost within the next few weeks – prior to the commissioners’ vote on whether or not they will transfer this land to Luke-Dorf (and they will not give an exact date – they say sometime after the environmental studies have been conducted by Luke-Dorf). Therefore, WE NEED YOUR HELP IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
WE NEED EVERYONE TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
1) Click on the “Get Involved” tab and use all of the contact information there to contact your commissioners, the Beaverton mayor (Aloha does not have one), the school district, and your state representatives.
2) Go to the County website http://www.co.washington.or.us/, click on the “Proposed Clover Court Development” button on their front page, and scroll to the very bottom of this page. Then click on the link that states “Signing up for periodic email updates” to input your email address and start receiving updates from the County. The County’s Communication Officer knows the number of people who have clicked on this link, so please know that this is worth your time to do it!
3) Send an email to Pacific Continental Bank https://www.therightbank.com/ and urge them not to provide funding for this potentially dangerous housing project (it’s possible that they have already pulled their funding, but an email will be useful in either case to let them know that the community is watching them and cares about their actions).
WE NEED INDIVIDUALS IN THE FOLLOWING ROLES:
1) Are you an attorney who can help by either offering legal services or helping in the management and direction of our legal effort?
2) Are you someone who can design a flyer to be handed out at the lot, the schools, and door-to-door? If so, can you design it and post it on Facebook for others to use?
3) Are you someone who can coordinate flyer distribution at the schools, the lot, and door-to-door?
4) Are you someone who can help distribute flyers?
5) Are you someone who can meet at the lot and hold up a banner that states our website name and a message?
6) Are you someone from Cooper Mtn. Elementary or Errol Hassell Elementary who can get our message on the school’s Facebook page, hold up a banner during pick-up and drop-off times, or hand out flyers?
7) Are you someone who can attend the commissioners’ weekly meeting this Tuesday at 10 am and either sit in the audience with a sign stating your position or “Vote No to Transfer Land to Luke-Dorf” or verbally state your opinion in the 5 2-minute slots at the beginning of the meeting that are allowed for any subject? It would be especially valuable if someone could ask again about when the vote will take place and if they will have a public meeting regarding this issue prior to the vote.
8) Are you someone who has a fund-raising idea and can coordinate it?
If you can help with any of the above, or if you have other ideas that can help, please send your contact info and how you can help to StopCloverCourt@gmail.com.
Thank you for all of your efforts! We must protect our kids!